Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Week 10











Week 10 was an exciting one for Kylan…

First of all Kylan learned that he is his own worst enemy. Ky has been discovering his hands. And enjoys staring at them. Well, at one point he was staring at them and bringing them closer and closer to his eyes, when he jerked and poked himself in the eye. Of course that scared and hurt him—and I comforted him, but boy it was funny to watch.

If you don’t want to hear about the worst diaper changing adventure yet, skip to the next paragraph…so I was changing Ky and he was doing his usual thing of smiling and grinning as I discovered he had dropped a nice sized load in his diaper. So I covered up his water gun (the normal precaution) and went about cleaning his backside and placed a fresh diaper under him. At this point Kylan decided he wasn’t done pooping, and proceeded to go. Of course the fresh diaper wasn’t quite in position, so he ended up ruining his shorts as well as getting his legs full of poo. So in the process of trying to save his shorts and such from poo, I grabbed the rag off his water gun and attempted to stop it. Well, at the instant I uncovered his water gun, it began to fire. All over his face and shirt. So to sum it up, Kylan’s top half was covered in his urine and bottom half was covered in poo. The fun never ends!

On Friday Kylan and I took a trip to Chicago. My two good friends from Valpo Karen and Melissa were there with their babies. Melissa lives there and Karen is was visiting from Ohio. Melissa just had her baby Dylan. And Karen brought her son Dakota. It was a good time. I really enjoyed talking with others about the baby experience. In the pics above Dylan is 4 weeks and Dakota is almost a year old. My favorite pic is when we gave Steven (Melissa’s husband) all three kids. He did really well. On my visit I was most fascinated by the kids sizes. (You can see in the comparison picture.) Dylan is 8 pounds and 21 3/4”, Dakota is a little over 20 pounds, and Kylan is a whopping 14 lbs and 22 ½ inches. My conclusion—Kylan is a very chubby little boy…just look at the pic.

At 10 weeks and 6 days old Kylan has rolled over! YEAH! He was doing his tummy time….and was working the “whale”. The “whale” is what I Call the position when he is resting on his tummy with all four limbs in the air. His body then rocks a little back and forth on his round tummy. He looks like a weeble wobble. Anyway, he then set down his right leg and right hand and pushed, and over he went. He rolled right off the blanket onto the wood floor. You should have the look on his face. He had no idea what had just happened and didn’t know if it required crying, especially since mom was screaming ecstatically at him. I am so proud of my little boy. That round belly comes in pretty handy after all.

So to wrap up this week, we have yet to see any serious improvement with the meds he is on. He has however slept two nights with 5 hour intervals. So that has improved, but he has also been spitting up and “vomiting.” He never vomited before, and when he did spit up it wasn’t a whole lot. I think the meds may have made this worse. I have been told the meds don’t really take effect for the first 10 -14 days, so we still have several days left to see if it helps. I hope that he gets though this soon. I am told that by 6 months, he should be much better since his stomach should be able to do the work to keep things down.

Until next week…

No comments: