Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Daddy's Birthday & Easter



Okay...

I am truly embarrassed that it is June and here I am publishing a blog for the beginning of April (*blush*). But hey--- At least I got around to it!

So Rob's birthday fell on Easter this year. Of course I had the wacky idea to celebrate his last 31st day instead. On April 3rd--We baked a whole wheat blueberry chocolate cake. (I know sounds kind of funny--but it won Better Homes and Garden recipe of the year!)  It was a pretty good cake.  I would not put it at the top of my lists for cakes, but the combination of blueberries and chocolate actually went  together pretty well.  Anyway--back to the details. 

Boy it happened so long ago--I honestly don't remember what I made Rob for dinner--(Man do I feel bad!)  Anyway, I did make him cinnamon rolls for breakfast (his favorite!)  For Rob's birthday, the kids had painted him pics (see pics above), and I had purchased him a Brewer's long sleeved shirt and told him I was taking him to see the "Dead Sea Scrolls" exhibit at the Milwaukee Public Museum and dinner.  It was a fun prebirthday.  We really did sing "Happy last 31st birthday" to him. 

The next day we got up early for our church brunch and service.  What a glorious day! 

From there we headed to Grandpa & Grandma's house for Easter dinner with the family.  Debi had a fun little Easter Egg hunt with the kiddos.  Alaina really enjoyed carrying around the basket--which doubled as a purse for her.  (That girl and hand bags---she DOES NOT get that from me!)  Ky loved searching the trees for fun prizes.  I tried to get some nice pics of the kids, but they did not cooperate---I should specify that Alaina did not cooperate.  She just does not have the patience for pictures.  Getting a nice picture of her is a battle!  Perhaps when she is a bit older...

Anyway--that was most of our Easter celebration...though on Monday we did a little egg hunt at our house after a wonderful trip to the Rockford Children's Museum.  Stay tuned for that adventure (including dancing video of Alaina & Ky!)

No comments: