Thursday, April 03, 2014

Thursday, April 3rd

I am thankful for my husband--whose 36th birthday is tomorrow!  I am thankful that he was created and that he is the wonderful husband, father, and friend that he is. 

I am thankful for library storytime and that the kids love Ms. Tracy as much as Kylan did.  We had a busy morning, but we had just enough time to squeeze in Storytime which the kids loved.  I loved watching them sit next to each other and listen attentively.  I loved watching them getting up and dancing to the songs and then popping the bubbles that Ms. Tracy blew.  I loved that several bubbles landed in Talia's hair and stayed there unnoticed.  I love the fact that I have decided to work on learning Spanish.  I am amazed by how much I have already picked up.  I can pronounce words pretty well and I can figure out what Ky's homework or books usually say.  I really need to learn how to hear and speak it though.  I am thankful for the Public Library so I could pick up some Spanish material.  (I keep telling Rob we should just move to Belize for 6 months and then I am sure I would pick it up quickly...Hmmm... I will have to keep working on that angle.) 

I loved having a peaceful afternoon to get things done.

I am thankful for a nice snack time with the kids and a chance to converse with Ky a little in Spanish.  He is helping me to learn!  (and I think I am helping him a little too!)

I am thankful that Rob enjoyed the chicken parmesan even though I burned it a little.  (He is a wonderful husband.) 

I am thankful that we only  had to cut out a little bit of Talia's hair.   I am upset with Alaina, and she knows she will not be getting gum again for a VERY VERY VERY long time.  We still have yet to find the rest of her piece of gum which is somewhere in the house.  (She told me she left it on the couch.....hmmmm....)

I am thankful for my sub job tomorrow.  It will be nice to be working at a school again.  I have been getting more and more excited about going back to teaching soon.  Today, it occurred to me that I should consider starting in middle school and then going back up to high school after a few years.  In middle school I would have a better support system with other teachers (teachers in the same house.)  I could teach math and science.  And I could be home by the time the kiddos get home (or close to it.)  (Middle schools release 45 minutes earlier than the elementary schools here.  Hmmm...so  much to think about!  And just imagine how much my Spanish knowledge will also help me when I get back to teaching. 

But for now, I will savor every moment I have with my kids at home.  I am so blessed and could not imagine trading spots with anyone!

Isaiah 9:3
You have multiplied the nation; you have increased its joy; they rejoice before you as with joy at the harvest, as they are glad when they divide the spoil.

No comments: