Sunday, February 23, 2014

Sunday, February 23

Today I am thankful for lazy mornings.  With Nana here, the kids were quietly entertained downstairs and Rob and I laid in bed until Talia beckoned for us.  Even she laid with us for a few minutes in bed.  I am so thankful for snuggles.  WONDERFUL snuggles!

I am thankful for the joy that my children have playing with Nana.  They colored, did puzzles, played basketball, and played games.  And all too soon she had to leave. :(  We all enjoyed the joy of her presence and being able to just be with her.

For lunch we had grilled cheese and tomato soup which the kids LOVE!  I am thankful that often the easy meals are the most appreciated meals by my kids.  I am thankful for making lunches for the week and not having to worry about putting them together each night.  I am thankful the kids help make the sandwiches and snack bags.

I am thankful for surprise visits from friends.  Today we got to enjoy Julie and her girls.  It had been a long time since I had seen them.  The kids loved playing with the girls.  It is always a blessing to see Julie--ooh...did I mention she brought custard!?

I am thankful for the chance to meal plan for the next month (YEAH!  Less to worry about later!)  And I am thankful for the opportunity to run to the store without the kids. 

I am thankful for breakfast for dinner and for bedtime stories. 

I am bummed that the weekend is over and so begins another week, but I know that there is much fun to come.

I Corinthians 10:12-13
If you think you are standing strong, be careful not to fall. The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure.

No comments: