Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Janaury 14th

I am thankful for Stay at Home Tuesdays!  This is the day I have designated that I don't leave the house (except to take Alaina to school.)  I love this day!  I am thankful for carpools that drop off Ky in the morning and bring Ky and Alaina back in the afternoon.  I am thankful for the beautiful snow this morning (and that again, I didn't have to drive).  It really was gorgeous.  I am thankful for being a stay at home mom.  There is nothing more precious than these years I have at home with them.

I am thankful that Alaina and Talia both happily washed floors with me this morning (of course I turned it into a game--wash the floors with orphaned socks), but beyond that I am thankful for Alaina's helper attitude.  She helped me clean out the cabinets by the sink (the next step to my uncluttter and meticulously clean the house in a month.)  I am thankful that Talia has a wonderful big sister to look up to and helped.  I am thankful that we then had time to paint together.  I introduced them to drawing with a white crayon and then painting over it to reveal what they drew.  They enjoyed that for a few minutes before just wanting to paint.  I am thankful that they enjoy craftiness.

I am thankful for funny comments.  Like when Alaina said, "Talia, close the bathroom door--you're showing everyone my privacy."

I am thankful for the wonderful walk the girls and I had to school today.  I am thankful for the games (don't step on sidewalk) and for the laughter when falling on ice.  I am thankful for kids that savor the snow and enjoy eating handfuls of it.  I am thankful the snow eating kept Talia so busy she didn't cry until the end of the walk.   And I am thankful for sharing lunch with her.  Today, she pretended to be a monster as she ate each bite--just another moment to cherish.

I am thankful for my new miter box.  Even though my cuts for trim in Alaina's room have yet to be good--I know I am learning and will have perfect cuts soon.  (crossed fingers)  I am thankful for the plethora of food we have.  Even though I wasn't ecstatic about dinner and this Detox Clean Eating is starting to wear on me, the amount of veggies we are able to eat in the winter is amazing.  I know to be thankful because we have so much, when others don't.  I am thankful for playdates with friends and that Alaina had the courage to call.    

I Thessalonians 5:16 - 18
Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.




No comments: