Wednesday, January 15, 2014

January 15th

I am thankful for Rob who got up early this morning to shovel the snow (and I am thankful I did not have to! :) )  I am thankful that I was able to help out a neighbor today as well as two teachers. I am thankful that I have these opportunities to serve and to show my children how to serve.  I am thankful for trips to the grocery store and that the girls do pretty well.  And I am thankful for the extra bag of flax seed I found as I unloaded the groceries. (I wonder which child slipped that in the cart when I wasn't looking!)  I am thankful that the mark on my nose is only temporary and it is kind of cute that I match my husband with his scar on his nose.  (The back hitch on the van decided to close unexpectedly and caught me on my nose.)  I am thankful for opportunities to sit next to my son in class and observe him.  I am thankful that he has the ability to be friends and converse with everyone.  (This is definitely a skill I lack in.  I am thankful that I can learn how to do this from him.)  I am thankful Talia was not hurt when I discovered she had taken out her hairbands and put them around her wrists at naptime.  (It was a bit scary to see how red her hand was and the imprint the rubberbands left on her wrist.)  I am thankful that my 2012 family photo album arrived in the mail today.  I am thankful for the time we sat as a family tonight and looked through it.  (This is the first book I have made. Eeks!  I have 6 years I have to catch up on now!)  I am thankful for bedtime.  The kids have been great today, but this day has been non-stop busy and I am ready for the quiet time with my husband.  Oooh!  And I am thankful for bananas and that they were on the clearance carts today.  I must have bought 14 lbs or so.  Most are in the freezer and they will ALL be eaten.  I am glad I was able to amuse the cashier by our large banana purchase. 

And I did forget yesterday, that I am glad that Daniel, our neighbor boy, turned down Alaina's proposal for marriage.  I am not ready to discuss wedding plans with Alaina--and I know that would have been a HUGE topic for the next week had he accepted.  PHEW! 

Psalms 100: 1- 5
Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth! Serve the Lord with gladness! Come into his presence with singing! Know that the Lord, he is God! It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name! For the Lord is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations.



No comments: