Wednesday, January 08, 2014

January 4th

I loved this day!

After sleeping in, we went ice skating.  Talia went boot skating.  We had a wonderful time.  I loved watching Talia try and fall and try again.  I loved watching Alaina watch others skate.  I loved watching Kylan skate without fear, fall, laugh at himself and start all over.  I loved watching Rob just be a tad awkward, not completely understanding how to move gracefully (or being fearful of falling.)  I loved watching the kids push each other around on the ice skating aids.  I loved looking at my community and the beauty of the park.  I once again was reminded how much I love this community!  I love our park system for supporting skating rinks where we can skate for free.  I love how eco-conscious people are.  I love how Alaina asked why "that adult was using an aid--she is too big for it!"  I loved how warm it was before the coldness was going to set in.  I loved returning home for lunch that included hot cocoa for the kids.  I loved running to the store by myself and grabbing a few awesome Christmas clearance items as well as NAPKINS for cheap--we love cloth napkins!  (Have you seen my kids eat?!)  I loved going to the Princeton Club for a quick workout for church (though I did not love how crowded it was.)  I love being able to attend church on a Saturday and not having to worry about going out in the bitter cold on Sunday.  I loved returning home for pizza and movie night and watching the VERY lame Santa Claus is Coming to Town.  (Mental reminder to not ever record that Christmas special again.)  I loved once again ending the night with my husband in front of the fireplace. 












No comments: