Saturday, March 15, 2014

Saturday, March 15

Today, I am thankful for celebrating Nana's birthday (even though it is really on Monday.)

I am thankful that I overheard Talia say downstairs that she was going to come and wake me up.  I quickly ran back in bed so I could experience the fun snuggles and kisses of being woken up by her. 
I am thankful for Ky's helpfulness to take the girl's closet door off the hinges.  He really enjoyed the task and I look forward to making curtains for the door and helping to enlarge the space in the room.

I am thankful for a peaceful drive to Milwaukee.  I am thankful for God's protection.  I am thankful for the kid's excitement and love for Nana.  She has been such a blessing to us and the children always want Nana time.

I am thankful for Indian Cuisine and how the kids enjoyed it as well.  It was fun to watch them try the different foods.  Of course naan and dessert were the favorites.

I am thankful for time to color and fun and games with my children and Nana.  We had a nice relaxing afternoon and it ended all too soon. I am thankful that we will see Nana again on Thursday--it is always easier to leave when we can tell the kids that we will see her again soon.

I am thankful for pizza and movie night.  I am thankful for the blessing of Veggie Tales.  They are such powerful stories full of lessons.  I hope that when my kids watch the videos an impression is made.

Luke 15:3-7
So he told them this parable: “What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he has lost one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the open country, and go after the one that is lost, until he finds it? And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and his neighbors, saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep that was lost.’ Just so, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance."














No comments: